Pozzo Romala miniera di gavorrano
The Pozzo Roma, at the gates of the town, is the symbol of the Gavorrano Mine. The extraction castle as we see it today dates back to the 1950s, although excavation of the well began in 1914.
At the base of the well there are a series of buildings that house the service areas at the well and the washing facilities for the first treatment of pyrite.
The Roma well in the 1970s was deepened to a level of –140 meters, reaching 2,500 tons of extraction. of pyrite per day.